Enrollment for LMFY 2018 is now open!Enroll for an orchestra program or an enrichment class only!
YOU MAY ALREADY BE ELIGIBLE TO ENROLL
- Returning students proceed to On-Line Registration. Welcome back!
- If you are a member of the American Heritage Lyceum Symphonic Strings, Chamber Ensemble, Crescendo Orchestra or Prelude Strings, proceed to On-Line Registration.
- If you participated in All-State Orchestra, forward your proof of participation (concert program) via email to the Lyceum Music Festival Youth.
- If you received an invitation letter or email, proceed to On-Line Registration.
- If you are enrolling for the Enrichment Class only – Children’s Choir, Cello Choir, Fiddling, Mom & Tot Strings Class or Bass Workshop, proceed to On-Line Registration and choose the Enrichment Class only option in the payment field. Make sure to select your class at the bottom of the form!
ADMISSION VIA AUDITION
Note: If you are a member of the American Heritage Lyceum Symphonic Strings, Chamber Ensemble, Crescendo Orchestra or Prelude Strings, proceed to On-Line Registration to enroll for the SAME level schedule (Symphonic – Orchestra A, Chamber Ensemble – Orchestra C and current Crescendo Orchestra AND Prelude Strings students can enroll in Orchestra C without an audition).
If you are new or you want to audition for a higher level ensemble choose one of the following audition options:
- Record your audition and load it to YouTube (preferred method), Google Drive, or Dropbox; verify the link is accessible for others to view. Email the link to email@example.com
- Audition Requirements: Auditions should include your choice of major scale and a two experts from contrasting solo selections; five minutes total. The scale should highlight your mastery of range and tone. Please play the maximum number of octaves you can play with good tone. The solo excerpts should demonstrate your strengths as a player, memorization is not required, and accompaniment is optional.
We also have some scholarships for students of parents who are willing to help with the festival:
- Librarian – filled
- Daily Games/Activities
- Saturday Dinner Chairman
- Daily lunches for faculty
- Pianist for Orchestra C
- Set up on Monday morning before LMFY
Please contact Festival Director if you are interested in one of these jobs that offer scholarships. We can offer a scholarship in your name if you make a donation to the LMFY scholarship fund! You can donate online. The donation needs to be noted as a scholarship. Scholarship applications can be emailed to LyceumMusicFestivalYouth@gmail.com
Questions? Email: LyceumMusicFestivalYouth@gmail.com
Application deadline for all participants is May 31st. Registration is ongoing until filled. Select instruments may be filled prior to or after the registration deadline depending on instrument availability. Enroll soon to save your spot. Once your instrument section is full all other applicants will be turned away. Enrollment requires a $100 non-refundable deposit.
Enrichment classes are part of the full and partial-day schedules at no additional cost. Choose your class when you enroll in an Orchestra schedule.
These classes are also offered independent of the full/part day schedules for only $70 for the entire week. If you have children that do not play an instrument you can enroll them in the Youth Chorus (3rd grade and up)!
Enrichment Class Choices:
Youth Chorus with Dr. Ryan Murphy (3rd – 12th grade)
Mom and Tot Strings Class (ages 3-7 – must be able to play a D Major scale)
Advanced Quartet (by invitation only – do not sign up for quartets unless you have received permission)
Select the $70 ENRICHMENT CLASS ONLY in the credit card box and make sure to select your class at the bottom of the form. Use the online registration form for enrichment only.